Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Plans are starting to shape up

Almost a month later, and we still are very much interested in this change of lifestyle.

I'm a planner by profession and it reflects in my personal life. I rarely do stuff on impulse and this is still reflected here. My mortgage is up for renewal in 2017. This should be our move in date, in my honest opinion. However, who knows what could happen between now and then. We might decide to do this sooner! But for reference and objectives, I am targeting March 2017.

That's 2 years to pay off some debts, to put money aside and to start purging what it is we aren't using.

I don't plan on getting rid of everything, since there could be the possibility of us wanting to move back into a more conventional housing (likely an apartment). We will store some belongings in a rental storage space, including a few couches, a mattress, bed frame and headboard, art work, etc.

There is a RV show coming soon to our area and we have plans to attend. We will be mock living in each unit we find interesting. We hope to strike some conversations with a lot of folks that are experienced RVers and can provide tips and tricks.

I have spent a week in a travel trailer in my younger days and loved it. He hasn't set foot in any of them, so he will be the deciding factor in this new adventure (no pressure, sweetie!).

I have definitely outgrown my job and I am yearning for a change. I started a certification in translation so I can freelance and be my own awesome boss. This would be a great way of doing what I love, reconnecting with my roots and having more time for other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Write us :-)